Wednesday, March 11, 2009

XinTianDi Again and Cats...



新天地 (xīn tiān dì) is a very short walk from my apartment to if I just feel like taking a break and getting some exercise I love going there, its really pretty and even more so at night. As I have mentioned before it is a restored part of old Shanghai (link,) it is clean, beautifully lit, has a very pretty park and is full of police. 

The other day we are walking through the park which is just starting to bloom with lots of cheery and magnolia blossoms, when Ping notices a cat... a very dirty but very cute white cat.


One thing I have learned about Wu Zheng Ping is that he really likes cats, especially cute fluffy white cats, which is exactly what this little kitty looked like. "Can we take him to my mom's house? He is way cuter than my cat aww" :D ... He really wanted to take it home, "If you take him home your mom is going to kill you O_o ... look at him he's fat, I'm sure he gets enough food and he is in the nicest part of the city" Oh well.... (No, we did not take it home,) I already have a bunny to deal with...

"Hey, look a cat... awww"

"mimi~ come here...
This was not a dumb cat, he knows exactly where he's going to get food (and he's adorable.) This park is full of cats. They hid in the bushes, and like to walk out over a small (closed off) bridge onto the island in the middle of the man-made-lake at the center of the park. Its actually very funny because on a sunny day you can see at least 20 cats sunbathing very comfortably knowing no human can get into the island.

"Can we take him home pleaseee? he's so cute~" oh no, dont touch it...

 "Oh look..." oh no, here comes another one! 

2 comments:

dedsall78 said...

I really like your blog here; just found it from your Chinesepod profile. Makes me excited to travel around China these coming months! Also, really like paintings on your other site. You are quite talented!

dedsall78 said...

Hey, found your site from your Chinesepod profile. Really like it... makes me excited to go travel around China these coming months.

I also really liked your photos on your other website. You are quite talented!