Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shanghai

I love this city. There are so many interesting things to do and see, you could spend a lifetime here and not see everything.
So far I've gone to the Shanghai Museum, Small Animal Market, the Bund, XinTianDi, tried to find the Shanghai Flower Market (could not find it, apparently they move around frequently.)

I have manage
d to find everything I need for painting, the only thing I cant find is Gamblin oil paint, and if you know me thats the only kind I like to use. I am lucky enough have great north light to paint with, the only bad thing is it rains so much here its a little dark sometimes.
I have finished one portrait, and I am working on more. This one is of Wu ZhengPing.


I just got two beautiful Art books by contemporary Chinese oil painters. I looked all over the web and cant find anything about them but they are amazing, Liu Yuan Shou and Shen Sheng Qiu. Also not expensive at all, only 45RMB each (about $6.65.)


Next weekend me and Wu ZhengPing are going to a town called "Xi'tang." Its built above water, you either need to find a boat or a bridge to get around the city, its supposed to be absolutely gorgeous! At night they have little colored lanterns all over, hanging above the water. I will definitely take some pictures and put them up here.

2 comments:

Kellen Parker said...

the painting of qu zhengping is excellent. i really enjoy your work.

Soirsce Wu said...

Thanks Kellen! (its actually Wu Zhengping :)