Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Liang Zhu

Here is something I sketched after hearing a great piece of classical music, which I liked enough to find more about it.


I wanted to know more about the composer so I looked online and I found a really great old Chinese story (of course) which is what inspired the music I liked so much. I swear nothing ever happens at random.
Its the story of Liang Shanbo & Zhu Yingtai, or "the butterfly lovers". If you want to read the story here is a link to the wikipedia page:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Lovers
Maybe a painting next?

3 comments:

Stella balloon said...

wonderful! I always love the music.
and the two butterflies should be bonded by invisible lines... anyway, artists are hard to interpret

Soirsce Wu said...

Haha yes me too!

With the strings, I was sort of trying to add the red-string-story along with the Liang Zhu story

Xiaoying said...

This is a nice sketch.. i love the Liangzhu story too..
by the way, ur chinese is good ^-^